Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do i change my photos on my camera from NEF to JPEG?

i have a nikon d4o and every time i load up my pictures to my computer they show up as nefs and i thought it was because i had photoshop. on my camera it says the files are NEFs. how do i change it to a jpeg on my camera?How do i change my photos on my camera from NEF to JPEG?
Since you have Photoshop, just download the free RAW conversion plug-in from Adobe.



You cannot change RAW files to JPEG on the camera itself.



If you want or need the flexibility of RAW, but don't want to have to process every RAW file, shoot RAW + JEPG (Page 30) ... then you can do your editing using the JPEG files and after you have picked the best of the best and put them in a new file folder, all you have to do is process the matching RAW files.How do i change my photos on my camera from NEF to JPEG?
If you have Photoshop, use the tips provided.

If you have RAW files on your camera, you can actually convert them to JPEG on your camera under the retouch menu, I'm pretty sure it is title RAW processing. I figured that out today when I tried to use my RAW files on a computer that didn't support it!
Go to the image quality menu and choose something other than RAW. You want FINE, NORM, or BASIC to get JPEG's.



If you HAVE NEF images, you can open them in Camera RAW or anything else that supports RAW images and then save them as JPEG's.
You need to go to the image qualilty menu on the camera and change it from raw to jpeg. Photoshop recognizes nikons raw images as NEF.

Press info then ';i'; then highlight where it currently says raw then ok then highlight fine or norm then ok.
If you right click on the photos and open them in Paint, the program that comes with the computer, you can click SAVE AS in paint and change the file type to JPEG. Hope that helps!
Read the manual.... The answer to this question and many more will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment