Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yahoo messenger isnt letting me change my photo... it allways has before... How do i fix it? does yours work?

How do i fix this problem ? Its allways let me change my photo in the bottom corner of my yahoo msg box. but it hasnt for the past 2 days now... What is up with it. I've been tring to look around and fiddle with stuff in my account settings but i dont see nothing. thanks for taking the time to read this... hope you can help me out!!Yahoo messenger isnt letting me change my photo... it allways has before... How do i fix it? does yours work?
YAHOO! MESSENGER DISPLAY IMAGE PROBLEMS

Over the last couple of days many people have been asking questions about why they cannot change their Display Image. I think this just affects custom Display Pictures and not Yahoo! Avatars but am not sure. Due to the number of people having the same problem it is probably a problem on the Yahoo! Servers. If you would like to try a couple things, I will list them below. I would be grateful for the feedback as to if it worked for you or not so I can help others with this problem. You can email me via my Yahoo Answers Profile. Also please state if you were trying to change a custom Display Image or your Yahoo! Avatar.



If nothing works please let Yahoo! know about this problem. Click the Contact Us tab at the top of this help page: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng . You will need to sign in and then you can email Yahoo using the Messenger 9 Technical Support form and use the drop down list to choose the topic of Display Image problems. Follow the instructions on the rest of the form. Maybe if enough people contact Yahoo!, the problem will be fixed soon. I do not have this problem or I would report it myself.

============================

Here are a couple things to try.

1. Try seeing if you can change your Yahoo! Avatar and also see if you can choose a custom display image. See if it affects just the custom display images that you have already uploaded as well as a new one you upload.



2. If you cannot see your own Display Image or Avatar then you could have a corruption in the Yahoo! Messenger cache folder, You can delete the Avatar and Icon folders inside the cache folder. The path for the cache folder is My Computer%26gt;%26gt;C:drive%26gt;%26gt;Program Files%26gt;%26gt;Yahoo%26gt;%26gt;Messenger%26gt;%26gt;Cache. I do not know the path for Vista. You can either delete those 2 folders or delete the whole cache. The cache will be replaced as you use Yahoo Messenger. Be sure to exit Yahoo Messenger before deleting items in cache folder. Just right click the yahoo icon by your clock and choose exit.



3. If the suggestions above do not fix your problem then you need to check Adobe Flash Player. Adobe Flash Player is needed for Display Images in Yahoo Messenger. Exit Yahoo Messenger first before you update or download Adobe Flash Player.



Do you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed? The latest version is 10.0.22.87. Here is a link that will check your version :

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.ht

If you find that you need to update your Adobe Flash Player then please read this article and follow the instructions very carefully. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13554_3-991667



If the steps on that link do not work for you or your contacts then you might want to consider uninstalling Adobe Flash Player using the Removal Tool and installing it again by following the steps on the CNET News article above. Even though this article was written last year about a different version of Adobe Flash Player the steps are the same.



After the installation box pops up, close all browser windows before installing. Important: Yahoo Messenger relies on Internet Explorer so be sure that when you update Adobe Flash Player that you do it in Internet Explorer. If you also use Firefox you will also eventually want to run this same page in Firefox and check your Adobe Flash Player version but the one that matters for Yahoo is Internet Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment