Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I change my photo formant to JEPG ?My camera downloads bitmap need to change to JEPG?

Iam a beginner in the digital age I only have small Argus camera. will download to my pictures just fine but cant upload because they are not JEPG format.Is there a way to change this?How can I change my photo formant to JEPG ?My camera downloads bitmap need to change to JEPG?
When you go to SAVE AS, below where you type in the name of what you are saving you can change what format you save it as. Where it say bitmap...that is where you should see an arrow pointing down next to it. Click on it and will give you a list of options.

Good luck.How can I change my photo formant to JEPG ?My camera downloads bitmap need to change to JEPG?
I use a program called http://www.irfanview.com/ it's a nice free program that you can do multiple photo changes with. Like resizing and change the format. After the photo is opened go to file then save as and change it to jpeg.
If you open your pictures in Paint, click File, Save. When the dialogue box opens to enter the file name, the default file extension is bmp for bitmap. Use the drop down menu to save to JPEG.
Windows comes with a product called paintbrush - you can open the file in paintbrush and then click file-%26gt;Save As. At the bottom of the box that opens up is an option for file type - save it as a .jpg.



You might also have a program called ';Microsoft Photo Editor'; (it'll probably be in a folder called ';Microsoft office'; or ';microsoft office tools'; in your start menu). Photo Editor will save as jpegs as well.
Different picture viewing programs allow you to change the format. Open your picture with different programs to see which one will work (I use adobe photoshop) Save the picture by selecting ';Save as'; from the ';File'; menu. Below the first entry box is another box with a dropdown menu arrow. Click the arrow and select JPEG form the list. Like I said, you may have to try different programs to see which one may allow you to do this. Eventually you will find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment