Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change my Avatar picture....it won't let me change my 360 photo?

I have a photo that is my 360 photo and I deleted that photo so I could use another photo because it wouldn't let me change the photo.



I still have that photo from my 360 profile on my YA and I want to put a new one up.



How do I do it?How do I change my Avatar picture....it won't let me change my 360 photo?
UPDATE: I didn't see an image for you when I first answered this question either.

--------------------------------------?br>
There's no link to your 360 space in your question or Yahoo! Answers profile, so I can't confirm that you have a 360 space. Double-check that you are using the correct Yahoo services and have followed all the instructions below. Some people confuse the Y!Profile (http://profiles.yahoo.com ) with Yahoo! 360 (http://360.yahoo.com ). If you've done everything, then likely you just have to wait for a change to be recognized:





Create a 360 space at http://360.yahoo.com . Click the ';Get Started'; button on the far right section of that page. After going through the activation process, you can click on the teeny tiny ';Yahoo 360 Home'; link on the upper right of that page (or the 360 main page) to get into the 360 space.



Make sure a JPEG formatted photo (with .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe extension) under 5MB is saved to your hard drive.



- Click your ';My Page'; link at the top

- Click ';Edit Profile/Personal Photos'; over the empty picture frame

- Click ';Browse'; and upload photo into an empty field. Then click one ';use as primary'; radio button on the right before saving (if you've uploaded more than one image).



You can't upload more than 4 profile pictures (this includes an avatar). Make sure that you are following the 360 Personal Photo guidelines here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/360/gui .



Then, come back to Yahoo! Answers.

- Make sure that it is the same Yahoo ID that you used for 360.

- Click the ';My Profile'; link to the upper right of this Yahoo! Answers page, then click ';Edit My Info'; in the top left box on the Answers profile page.

- Scroll down to the image section and check the option of showing the 360 picture. It doesn't matter if the image is showing there or not. Click Preview and then the OK button. Then, WAIT.



NOTE: The image may not show up right away in Y/A, as it sometimes takes minutes, hours, days, or weeks for the system to catch up. So, in the meantime, you will be without any picture on Y/A (a gray unisex icon) or an old 360 image. Just go through the above process and let your picture stay that way until the system makes your 360 image appear. If you don't want to wait, then just use a Yahoo! Avatar (http://avatars.yahoo.com ) and forget about using the 360 image.



OTHER TIPS:

*** If the 360 space is recently activated, you may want to wait a few days before changing settings, as Y/A may not recognize that you have a 360 space right away.

*** You may want to enable all the communication options on your Y/A profile and/or enable the Simple URL option in your Yahoo! 360 ';Basic Info'; and ';Blog'; settings pages. Sometimes that helps make the Y!360 image appear in your Y/A profile for an unknown reason. You still may have to wait for anything to happen though.

*** Although, some people have found limited success in continually trying to re-select the 360 image option in their Y/A profile. I recommend waiting though, as to not inadvertently cause further delay.

*** Some people never see an image show up. You can always post a bug report (or piggyback on other's bug reports) on the issue at the Y/A forum: http://suggestions.yahoo.com/?prop=answe . This link between Y/A and Y!360 has been buggy for years.How do I change my Avatar picture....it won't let me change my 360 photo?
Thanks for voting!

Report Abuse


i am not sure do they have a help Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment