Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it possible to change digital photos of text into editable text? Like that of scanned text? What software?

THE PROBLEM: Too many magazines too little space! Scanner /computor too far from mags.The mags in question have articales I would like to use as reference.



Sure I could read them from the photos, but then how do I orginize them alphabeticaly? If I can edit...I can also make additional notes regarding the subjects, group similar articales together and reduce the overall memory space needed.



Then I will also be able to add back the photos. Add maps and referance and record G.P.S. coordinates etc...etc...



Feel free to yank my theory apart so I can build a new paradigm.



Do you know of a software program that will do this? It would be nice if it can covert pictures of mag pages and scanned material. I know Iam a dreamer, but if I can leave the actual images; graphs, maps in the conveted material it would be a dream come true!



THANK-YOU for YOUR input!

Any and all ideas will be great!

P.S. dont worry about being long winded it will save mountains of time in the long run.Is it possible to change digital photos of text into editable text? Like that of scanned text? What software?
Yes, the software you need is called OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software. If you have a scanner it may have come with OCR software, otherwise you can purchase an application that will do this.
  • skin fairy
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment