Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change how my photos are stored (folder names) on the memory card?

I have a Kodak CX7430, and I was fooling around with some settings, either on the camera itself or in the software on the computer, and now whenever I take photos, they are stored in the same folder on the memory card and the photo names stay the same, instead of moving up in increments. For example, if I take photos today, the folder name will be 107430A and the names of the photos will be 100_1000.jpg, 100_1001.jpg, ect. Now if I copy those photos to the computer and then delete from the camera, tomorrow when I take photos, the folder name will remain the same, and the photos will once again be named 100_1000.jpg, ect. :S I've tried reformatting the card and it still happens.



Thanks!How do I change how my photos are stored (folder names) on the memory card?
With many digital camera models, there is an internal setting that tells it the numbering system -- start over or continue where left off. Check that setting. The other thing is that often a camera will look at what's on the card to decide the next photo number. You can fool it by creating a fake folder and fake camera number on your card instead of deleting all or reformatting. It's tricky but a few tries and you'll get it right. Once it's going right again, just be careful about trading cards with other cameras (or fooling with settings) or it might go crazy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment