Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change a photo into a .doc so that I can fax it ?

I need to send a fax and the letter I have I used my scanner to scan but it saves it as a photo. Free internet faxing services want you to send a .doc how can I convert this scanned photo to a text document?How do I change a photo into a .doc so that I can fax it ?
As an alternative to opening Word and just pasting your scanned image in the doc, you may also be interested in OCR or Optical Character Recognition, where the scanned document is converted into readable text. If you have Office already you could use Microsoft Office Document Imaging (more info: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/H… ). Microsoft's One Note 2007 also has OCR Scanning capabilities. Google is also developing some open source OCR readers and is currently developing a software called Ocropus (http://sites.google.com/site/ocropus/ ) based on HP's Tesseract engine ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/tesserac… ).



There are some other popular, more costly solutions to OCR, such as ABBYY FineReader, Omnipage, Readiris and Presto OCR.How do I change a photo into a .doc so that I can fax it ?
when you save the file click on save as and the bar on the bottom should tell what type of document you can save it as.
Open up word, Insert, Picture, From File

*Select the picture file.



Increase or decrease to the size you would like the picture in the word document!
Insert %26gt; Picture %26gt; From file...



Browse for the scanned pic (of the letter). It will import as a picture but u can save the whole document as a .doc.
Just send the fax service the original document (the letter), not the scan. Is the letter in Word doc format?



If you don't have Word, download and use OpenOffice (free). You can save documents in MS Word format.
If you have MS Word, open that up, then, from the menu bar, select Insert %26gt; Picture %26gt; From file, navigate to where your picture is saved and select it.



That should insert the image into the document. Save it, and you have a .doc file that you can fax.
  • music player
  • hair braiding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment